Before going to the gym:
- I’m so tired.
- I have a million things to do like wash dishes, do laundry and clean out that bottom drawer in the fridge- something is growing in there that isn’t supposed to.
- It’s been a long day.
- I can workout tomorrow.
- I have to prepare for work tomorrow.
- I have to cook dinner or grade papers or shampoo the rug.
- I think I left my laptop plugged in.
- I’m hungry.
On the way to the gym:
- I really don’t want to do this.
- I can turn around now and just go home.
- Did I forget something?
- Did I leave a light on, or the stove? I should just go home and check on that.
While parked outside the gym:
- Do I have to go in?
- *Checks email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, looks up sports bras at Victoria’s Secrets, checks the weather, bank account, and creates a meme about going to the gym*
While at the gym:
- I am already out of breath and I just walked in.
- Does that count as a workout?
- I miss my couch.
- Ok, ok! This isn’t so bad.
- Sweating actually feels good.
- Just one more squat. Ok, now one more.
- I can do a few more minutes on the bike.
- My legs feel like jelly, oh yes!
- Stretching is heaven.
- Am I already done with all my workouts?
After the gym:
- I feel so good!
- That wasn’t so bad.
- I’m so full of energy now.
- I love the gym!
- I can’t wait to come back tomorrow.
- Why did I not want to come here to begin with?